|Arizona House of Representatives District 27|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Lopes' professional experience includes working as an instructor at the University of Phoenix and Executive Director of the Arizona School-Based Healthcare Council and the El Pueblo Clinic.
Lopes is a member of the American Public Health Association and Board Member of the Arizona Public Health Association.
Lopes provided answers to the Arizona State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected. However, he did not provide a response when asked his legislative priorities.
- Health and Human Services Committee, Arizona House of Representatives
- Public Employees, Retirement and Entitlement Reform Committee, Arizona House of Representatives
Lopes's sponsored bills include:
- HB 2337 - energy standards; buildings; contracting
- HB 2528 - preexisting condition exclusion; pregnancy
- HB 2587 - petition circulators; signature payment prohibited
- HB 2606 - civil rights; discrimination; employment
For a full listed of sponsored bills see the House website.
Lopes was ineligible to run for re-election in 2010 due to the term limits of the Arizona House of Representatives.
On November 4, 2008, Lopes and Olivia Cajero Bedford were elected to the 27th District Seat in the Alabama House of Representatives, defeating opponents J. D. "Duke" Schechter (R), Mark Phelps (Lib), and Kent Solberg (Green).
Lopes raised $32,088 for the campaign, Bedford raised $35,902, Schechter raised $35, Phelps raised $0, and Solberg raised $34,291.
|Arizona State House, District 27 (2008)|
|Phil Lopes (D)||32,650|
|Olivia Cajero Bedford (D)||35,010|
|J. D. "Duke" Schechter (R)||15,490|
|Mark Phelps (Lib)||6,374|
|Kent Solberg (Green)||4,970|
Below are Lopes's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Gary I Perrin||$130|
|Alan M Immerman||$130|
|Philip E Johnson||$130|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Phil + Lopes + Arizona + House" Phil Lopes News Feed
- Arizona State Legislature
- Arizona House of Representatives
- Arizona House Committees
- Arizona state legislative districts
- Arizona House of Representatives - Representative Phil Lopes
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed November 24, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue Positions," accessed November 24, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Arizona House spending, 2008," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Arizona House District 27
| Succeeded by|