|Vermont Senate Chittenden District|
|2011 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Senate Majority Leader|
|Per diem||$162/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Ph.D.||University of California|
He is a novelist and professor at the University of Vermont. He holds a BA in English from Brown University and a PhD from the University of California at Irvine.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Baruth served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Economic Development, Housing and General Affairs, Vice-chair|
|• Government Accountability|
|• Legislative Information Technology|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Baruth served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Government Accountability|
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2012
Baruth won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont State Senate Chittenden District. Baruth advanced past the August 28 Democratic primary and won election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2010
Baruth was elected to the Chittenden District Seat in 2010. He ran against Virginia Lyons (D), Hinda Miller (D), Timothy Ashe (D), Sally Fox (D), Frank Geier (D), and Andy Montroll (D) in the primary. He defeated Annette Roque Renaud (R), Dennis Bedard (R), Shelley Palmer (R), Mike Branon (R), Richard Jeroloman (I), Steve Laible (I), Mikey Van Gulden (I), Andy Montroll (D), and Larkin Forney (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, the year Baruth first won election to the Senate, he collected $36,869 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2010 were:
|William Stetson, III||$1,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Philip + Baruth + Vermont + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Dem Peter Galbraith angers Vt. Senate colleagues - Boston.com
- Galbraith angers Vt. Senate colleagues - NECN
- Senate OKs altered end-of-life bill - BurlingtonFreePress.com
- Vermont Senate OKs end-of-life legislation - The Journal News
- Disagreements, political theater delay campaign finance reform - Commons
- Legislative Wrap-up: Flexible pathways - vtdigger.org
- Marijuana decriminalization heads for final vote - vtdigger.org
- Child care worker unionization bill rejected again by Senate - vtdigger.org
- Legislators affirmed state's social liberalism - Rutland Herald
- Senate chooses study over moratorium on school privatization - vtdigger.org
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Baruth lives in Burlington, Vermont.
- Biography of Philip Baruth on Project Vote Smart
- Vermont State Senate
- Philip Baruth's blog, Vermont Daily Briefing
- Philip Baruth on Facebook
- Philip Baruth on Twitter