For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Portola Valley School District parcel tax, Measure O (May 2013)
The ballot question asked voters to:
- Extend the existing parcel tax for 8 more years
- Increase the size of the tax by $123-per-year/per-parcel, to a total of $581/parcel (from $458).
The current parcel tax of $458/year generates about $1 million every year for the school district. This amounts to roughly 10% of the school district's annual revenues. As this May 7 measure was approved, the district will receive another $265,000 a year from the parcel tax, for an annual amount of about $1.265 million.
A 2/3rds supermajority vote is required for approval.
Schools in the district
The Portola Valley School District supports two schools that collectively have about 700 students:
- Ormondale (grades K-3)
- Corte Madera (grades 4-8)
The parcel tax will amount to about $1,807 per student each year.
- Website of the Portola Valley School District
- May 7, 2013 Portola Valley Elementary School District Special All Mail Ballot Election County Information (timed out)