Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Arizona, District 9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Gammill ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Arizona's 9th District. He ran unopposed in the Libertarian primary on August 28, 2012. He was defeated by Kyrsten Sinema (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
According to the website Daily Kos, this race was one of nine top-ballot 2012 races that contained a Libertarian candidate who received more total votes than was the difference between the Democratic winner and the GOP runner-up. In this case, Gammill took in over 7,300 more votes than the number that separated Sinema and Parker.
|U.S. House, Arizona District 9 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Vernon B. Parker||44.6%||111,630|
|Source: Arizona Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "'Powell + Gammill + Arizona + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Arizona's 9th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Arizona's 9th Congressional District
- Arizona Secretary of State, " 2014 General Election," accessed October 14, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed September 1, 2012
- National Journal, "Krysten Sinema Winner in Arizona's 9th District," November 12, 2012
- Daily Kos, "Libertarians provided the margin for Democrats and at least nine elections," November 15, 2012