Preamble, Hawaii Constitution
|I • II • III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • IX • X • XI • XII • XIII • XIV • XV • XVI • XVII • XVIII|
| Text of Preamble:
We, the people of Hawaii, grateful for Divine Guidance, and mindful of our Hawaiian heritage and uniqueness as an island State, dedicate our efforts to fulfill the philosophy decreed by the Hawaii State motto, "Ua mau ke ea o ka aina i ka pono."
We reserve the right to control our destiny, to nurture the integrity of our people and culture, and to preserve the quality of life that we desire.
We reaffirm our belief in a government of the people, by the people and for the people, and with an understanding and compassionate heart toward all the peoples of the earth, do hereby ordain and establish this constitution for the State of Hawaii. [Am Const Con 1978 and election Nov 7, 1978]
FEDERAL CONSTITUTION ADOPTED
The Constitution of the United States of America is adopted on behalf of the people of the State of Hawaii.
- Amended by Constitutional Convention (1978) and election on November 7, 1978.
- State constitution
- Constitutional article
- Constitutional amendment
- Constitutional revision
- Constitutional convention
- Hawaii Legislative Reference Bureau, "Hawaii Constitution"
- List of Hawaiian constitutions and constitutional conventions
- 1887 Hawaiian Constitution
- 1864 Hawaiian Constitution
- 1840 Hawaiian Constitution
- Time, "Should Hawaii Rewrite It's Constitution - Again?"
- Time, "Hawaii: The Big Change"
- Hawaiian Kingdom.org, "Constitutional History"
- History.com, "Jan 17, 1893: Americans overthrow Hawaiian monarchy"
- Lee, Anne (2011). The Hawaii State Constitution, New York, New York: Oxford University Press
State of Hawaii
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of Finance | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Hawaii Director of Commerce and Consumer Affairs | Commissioner of Agriculture | Chairperson of Land and Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Industrial Relations | Chair of Public Utilities |