For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
2012 election dates
Dates above represent primary elections.
For specifics on whether a particular state had a congressional, state executive, state legislative or ballot measure election - click on your state (below) or click here.
- Signature requirements and deadlines for 2012 state government elections, click here.
- Voter registration information for 2012 primaries, click here.
A total of 103 statewide elections were scheduled for 2012. (Note: this did not include special elections or local ballot measure elections).
31 - Georgia
6 (primary) - Louisiana
1 (general) - Louisiana
- Ohio: moved from original date of May 8
- Texas: moved from April 3rd to May 29th. Previously moved from original date of March 6th to April 3rd.
- Congressional only moved from September 11
- Wisconsin has a variety of primary election dates. April 3 is the presidential primary and judicial primary, February 21 marks the spring primary. However, the primary for state legislative and congressional elections was August 14.
- State legislative only. On May 21, 2012, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo signed legislation moving the state primary to Thursday, Sept. 13, from Tuesday, Sept. 11.
- Ballotpedia staff confirmed with Secretary of State's office. Also verified with state statutes.
- Statewide elections, 2012
- The New York Times, "New York Delays Primary by 2 Days," March 21, 2012
- Election Law Blog, "Federal Court in San Antonio Sets Texas Primary, Runoff, Ballot Rules," March 1, 2012
- New York Times, "Judge Moves Congressional Primary Date to June," January 27, 2012
- Roll Call, "N.C. Court Denies Motion to Delay Primary," January 20, 2012
- KERA, "Agreement On Texas Primary Date Expected Today," December 16, 2011
- The Vindicator, "Lawmakers OK March primary, end to map flap," December 15, 2011
- The Augusta Chronicle, "Augusta officials seek attorney general's opinion on possible election date change," December 13, 2011
- Connecticut sets presidential primary for April 24, Ballotpedia.org
- Boston Herald, "Gov. Patrick wants 2012 primary date changed to avoid conflict," November 29, 2011