Project Labor Agreement
If a PLA exists for a given construction project, then construction unions and contractors have bargaining rights to determine the wage rates and benefits of all employees working on the particular project, before any workers are hired.
Some groups, such as the Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC), actively oppose the use of PLAs, and have challenged their use through litigation, lobbying, public relations campaigns, and boycotting of all PLA projects.
A study by The National University System Institute for Policy Research entitled "Measuring the Cost of Project Labor Agreements on School Construction in California" has determined that using PLAs on California Prevailing Wage school construction adds between 13% and 15% to the cost.
- Chula Vista Public Works Contracts and Unions, Measure G (June 2010)
- San Diego Ban on Project Labor Agreements, Proposition A (November 2010)
- Vote on a Proposed Oceanside Charter, Measure K (June 2010)
- City and County of Sacramento Bans on Project-Labor Agreements (June 2012)
- San Diego Ban on Project-Labor Agreements, Proposition A (June 2012)
- President Obama Executive Order 13502: Use of Project Labor Agreements for Federal Construction Projects
- What are Project Labor Agreements?
- Project Labor Agreements
- The Truth About PLAs Blog
- The Partnership for Working Families: Project Labor Agreements
- Union-only Project Labor Agreements: The Public Record of Poor Performance
- Project Labor Agreements and Financing Public School Construction in Massachusetts
- The Effect of Project Labor Agreements on the Cost of School Construction
- Project Labor Agreements and Public Construction Costs in New York State
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Executive Order: Use of Project Labor Agreements for Federal Construction Projects". http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/ExecutiveOrderUseofProjectLaborAgreementsforFederalConstructionProjects/. Retrieved on 2009-07-24.
- ↑ U.S. Executive Order
- ↑ "Associated Builders and Contractors Project Labor Agreement Resources". http://www.abc.org/pla/. Retrieved on 2009-07-27.