Proposed City Charter for the City of Grover Beach, Measure I (November 2012)
If Measure I had been approved, the City of Grover Beach would have become a charter city.
- These final, certified, election results are from the San Luis Obispo County elections office.
Supporters gave these reasons for changing to a charter city:
- Local elections can be conducted by mail, which would save money.
- "It would...allow us to give preference to local businesses in providing goods and services."
- It would allow the city to "have projects funded and built by volunteers using supplies and services donated by local contractors."
- The city would not have to "pay prevailing wages on locally funded public works projects."
The question on the ballot:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|Measure I: "Shall the City of Grover Beach be changed from a general law city to a charter city through the adoption of the charter proposed by Resolution No. 12-42 of the Grover Beach City Council?"|