R-71 returns to court regarding signature privacy
OLYMPIA, Washington: This week the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals scheduled the hearing for Referendum 71 case about signature privacy. In light of two filed appeals, one by the state of Washington and the other by Open Government activist Arthur West, the court combined both appeals.
The briefing schedule is as follows, according to state officials:
- September 18: the state filed its opening brief
- September 23: the Washington Coalition for Open Government's brief is due
- September 25: Plaintiff-Appellees’ answering brief is due
- September 28: the state may file a reply brief
- September 30: the Washington Coalition for Open Government may file a reply brief