R. Blake Curd
|R. Blake Curd|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|South Dakota State Senate District 12|
|June 10, 2013-Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Base salary||$6,000/session; $129/day for interim committees|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||Four terms|
|South Dakota House District 12|
Curd served in the South Dakota House of Representatives, representing District 12 from 2009 until 2011.
Curd is a Hand/Microvascular/Orthopedic Surgeon.
Prior to leaving the South Dakota House of Representatives, Curd served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Local Government|
|• Stimulus Plan|
The general elections for the office of South Dakota State Senate will take place on November 4, 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Jim Sanden was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent R. Blake Curd was unopposed in the Republican primary. Sanden will face Curd in the general election.
Curd did not seek re-election, although he was eligible to do so under South Dakota's term limits. He instead ran for the United States House of Representatives, but lost in the primary.
Comprehensive donor information for R. Blake Curd is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, R. Blake Curd raised a total of $40,065 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 26, 2013.
|R. Blake Curd's Campaign Contribution History|
|2008||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 12||$40,065|
|Grand Total Raised||$40,065|
In 2008, Curd collected $40,065 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|R. Blake Curd||$2,000|
|Paul and Shirley Cink||$2,000|
|South Dakota Republican Party||$1,138|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Blake + Curd + South + Dakota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota State Senate
- South Dakota Senate Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota State Senate District 12
- South Dakota State Senate Office website
- South Dakota House of Representatives - Rep. R. Blake Curd
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- South Dakota State News, "Sen. Mark Johnston To Resign - Gov. Daugaard Invites Public Input On Replacement," May 2, 2013
- The Associated Press, "Governor appoints Curd to vacant SD Senate seat," June 5, 2013
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election - Unofficial Results," accessed June 4, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," accessed May 2, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Curd, R Blake," accessed September 26, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions to R. Blake Curd," accessed March 11, 2014
Mark Johnston (R)
|South Dakota State Senate District 12
| Succeeded by|
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 12
| Succeeded by|
Hal Wick (R), Manford Steele (R)