R. Patrick Ellis
|R. Patrick Ellis|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Fifth Barnstable District|
|Date of birth||12/27/1953|
|Place of birth||Sandwich, MA|
Ellis has owned his own business since 1999. Prior to that he worked in lawncare and public works.
Ellis' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I will partner with small businesses to ensure that government not only works to help them in their recovery, but also does not stand in their way."
- Excerpt:"We need to invest in the future of green technologies such as charging stations for electric cars, solar panels for area businesses and homes, and properly situated wind facilities."
- Excerpt:"I will work with the municipal and state legislature to ensure that the priorities of the residents of this district are the priorities of government."
Use of Herbicides on Power Lines
- Excerpt:"I have been publicly opposed to the use of herbicides on electric transmission rights of way since I was a college student."
Role of Government
- Excerpt:"I will not conduct “business as usual” on Beacon Hill. I am a leader our community can trust. I believe our best days are ahead of us."
Ellis ran in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives District Fifth Barnstable District. He ran unopposed in the September 6 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Randy Hunt (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Fifth Barnstable District, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Randy Hunt Incumbent||56.2%||12,483|
|Democratic||R. Patrick Ellis||43.8%||9,747|
Ellis has a wife, Jane.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "R. Patrick + Ellis + Massachusetts + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- R. Patrick Ellis on Facebook
- R. Patrick Ellis on Twitter
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |
Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court | Appeals Court | Superior Courts | District Courts | Probate and Family Courts | Juvenile Courts | Housing Courts | Land Courts | Boston Municipal Courts | Judicial selection in Massachusetts |