R Chet Loftis
|R Chet Loftis|
|Former candidate for|
|Utah House of Representatives, District 19|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Loftis' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Decision-making must be kept at the local level and federal incursions rolled back. There needs to be a better, more cooperative relationship between the Legislature and Education. The Legislature needs to approach issues from the standpoint of supporting teachers not regulating them."
Fighting for States' Rights
- Excerpt: "The continuing expansion of the size, scope, and dysfunction of the federal government is our greatest threat. Because of ObamaCare, Utah is no longer in charge of its insurance market. Instead, the market must look to Washington on even the smallest detail. The threat to the insurance market is real and the fight over ObamaCare will continue at the state level for many years. "
Building the Economy
- Excerpt: "Creating the conditions for business and investment to thrive is the best way to build the economy with low taxes, low energy rates, strong infrastructure, an unmatched quality of life, and an educated and productive workforce. While attracting businesses to Utah is important, our true strength will always be found in a business-friendly environment and in those businesses that already call Utah home."
- Excerpt: "The most critical part of any law is it's definitions. And the most critical definitions when it comes to our personal liberty are those found in our criminal laws. As a former prosecutor and legislative attorney, I saw the potential impact of criminal laws that went too far. We need to make sure that our criminal laws are carefully drafted to protect our streets and our rights."
- Excerpt: "Government has the habit of asking for more money for new programs without ever asking whether an existing program could be eliminated or scaled back to free up money for the new program. We need to improve government without growing government. We need to do new things by finding ways to give up old, less effective ones."
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Daniel Donahoe was unopposed in the Democratic convention. Raymond Ward defeated R Chet Loftis in the Republican primary. Ward defeated Donahoe and Eli Cawley (Independent American) in the general election. Lynn Anderson (D) withdrew before the convention.
|Utah House of Representatives District 19, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Daniel N. Donahoe||20.5%||2,133|
|Independent American||Eli Cawley||5.1%||526|
|Utah House of Representatives, District 19 Republican Primary, 2014|
|R. Chet Loftis||48.2%||2,773|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Chet + Loftis + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah House of Representatives District 19
- Utah House of Representatives
- Utah House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart