|Kansas House of Representatives District 87|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
A graduate of Duke University and Harvard Law School, Goyle has worked for the Center for American Progress and as a contract attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union. He also is a lecturer at Wichita State University, although the extent of his actual employment there is exaggerated.
On July 11, 2009, Goyle announced that he is a candidate for the Democratic Party nomination for the United States Congress for the fourth district of Kansas. In the August 3, 2010 Kansas primary election, Goyle defeated Robert Tillman by 16,971 votes to 4,285 votes, and faced Republican primary winner Mike Pompeo in the November general election.
Goyle's website lists his legislative priorities as "no free lunches from lobbyists, educating our children, reducing health care costs, real solutions on energy, fighting for immigration reform," and "helping small businesses."
He refused to take Project Vote Smart's 2008 Political Courage Test. The test, which is administered to all candidates for presidential, congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislative offices, asks one central question - "Are you willing to tell citizens your positions on the issues you will most likely face on their behalf?"
Has not sponsored any major legislation.
While a member of the Kansas House of Representatives, Goyle served on the following committees:
- Taxation Committee, House of Representatives
- Veterans, Military and Homeland Security Committee, House of Representatives (Ranking Member)
- Vision 2020 Committee, House of Representatives
- Judiciary Committee, House of Representatives
Goyle is not running for re-election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Goyle was re-elected to the 87th District Seat in the Kansas House of Representatives, defeating Fred Pinaire (R).  Goyle raised $96,104 for his campaign, while Pinaire raised $6,595. 
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 87|
|Raj Goyle (D)||6,399||67.3%|
|Fred Pinaire (R)||3,104||32.6%|
In 2008 Goyle collected $96,104 in donations.
Four of his largest contributors were:
|Tak, Mahinder & Sharad||$1,000|
|Narasimhan, Charu & Shekar||$1,000|
|Mahal, Anmol & Surjit||$1,000|
|Goyle, Krishan & Vimal||$1,000|
- Official Campaign Site
- Kansas Legislature - Raj Goyle
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- Campaign contributions: 2006, 2008
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Raj Goyle Biography
- ↑ Raj Goyle’s lecturing at Wichita State University sporadic
- ↑ "Goyle running for Congress", Topeka Capital-Journal (2009-07-13). Retrieved on 2006-07-14.
- ↑ Rep. Raj Goyle Issues and Ideas
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Goyle Issue Positions
- ↑ Kansas Legislature - Bills Introduced by Member
- ↑ 2008 Kansas Election Results
- ↑ Kansas House of Representatives, 2008 Money Raised
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Kansas House of Representatives District 87
| Succeeded by|
Joseph Scapa (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |
Open Records Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |