Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois House of Representatives District 44|
|High school||Rolling Meadows High School (1999)|
|Bachelor's||DePaul University (2007)|
|Master's||Rockford College (2009)|
|Place of birth||Arlington Heights, Illinois|
Juarez earned his bachelor's degree in History from DePaul University in 2007. He went on to receive his MA in Teaching from Rockford College in 2009. He is now a public school teacher.
Juarez's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "All crimes should be punished appropriately. Illinois, while a very peaceful state, still has issues of gang violence and child predators."
- Balanced Budget and Government Spending
- Excerpt: "The state of Illinois needs to maintain a balanced budget and do so in a civil and practical manner. We need to make sure we follow a responsible and conservative fiscal approach to state spending in order to avoid a painful shortfall of money."
- Excerpt: "Illinois needs to create an economic environment in which businesses can prosper. We need to encourage an industrial and manufacturing industry while expanding technologies, renewable energy, tourism and trade. Illinois needs to do whatever possible to keep and create new jobs."
- Excerpt: "The state of Illinois must plan and manage our natural resources so that we avoid unnecessary waste and we do not destroy the places that mean the most to us. We need to continue to maintain a clean environment while continuing to promote our tourism, industrial growth and conservation of natural resources."
- Excerpt: "Illinois needs strong leadership that will make sure the state controls spending and keeps taxes low."
- Job Creation
- Excerpt: "Illinois must become more competitive. Today, businesses are closing down and jobs are being lost. Illinois needs to embrace innovation and help businesses start creating highly skilled jobs that will entice the brightest and the best, instead of having them leave to another state."
- Public Education
- Excerpt: "As a teacher, I have seen first hand how the “one-size-fits-all” approach to education does not work. We need to allow local schools, parents and teachers to determine how our children are educated, not bureaucrats. "
- Working Together
- Excerpt: "The job of a representative begins with listening to the diverse people in Illinois, but it doesn’t stop there. They need to also listen to the diverse points of view and approaches to public policy issues of their colleagues. "
Juarez ran in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 44. Juarez was unopposed in the March 20 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Fred Crespo (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 44, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Fred Crespo Incumbent||63.8%||19,808|
Ramiro and his wife, Xóchitl, live in Streamwood with their two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ramiro + Juarez + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |