|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 115|
|2004 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Associate's||Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern Mississippi|
|Date of birth||February 4, 1948|
|Place of birth||Biloxi, Mississippi|
|Profession||Co-Owner, "Lank" Patterson Mechanical Contractors|
Patterson served as a Democrat until he announced his switch to the GOP on September 25, 2014.
Patterson earned his A.A. from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, B.S. from University of Southern Mississippi, and M.Ed. from William Carey College. His professional experience includes working as co-owner of "Lank" Patterson Mechanical Contractors.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Patterson served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Marine Resources|
|• Ports, Harbors and Airports, Vice Chair|
|• Universities and Colleges|
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Patterson served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Ports, Harbors and Airports, Vice Chair|
|• Juvenile Justice|
|• Oil, Gas and Other Minerals|
|• Public Property|
On November 8, 2011, Patterson won re-election to District 115 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and defeated Patrick Williams in the November 8 general election.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 115 General Election, 2011|
|Democrat||Randall Patterson Incumbent||71.3%||1,343|
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 115 (2007)|
|Randall Patterson (D)||1,751||100.00%|
In 2011, Patterson received $45,884 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Randall Patterson's campaign in 2011|
|R P Campaign Fund||$27,500|
|Mississippi Hospital Association||$5,000|
|Mississippi Democratic Party||$734|
|Total Raised in 2011||$45,884|
|Total Votes received in 2011||1,343|
|Cost of each vote received||$34.17|
In 2007, Patterson collected $49,646 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Patterson, Randall H.||$15,000|
|Mississippi Manufactured Housing Association||$1,300|
|Baus, Mr. and Mrs. M. Walker||$1,000|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Randall + Patterson + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Associated Press, "Biloxi state Rep. Randall Patterson switches to GOP," September 25, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Patterson
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Primary Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official 2011 General Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2007 Statewide Elections," accessed February 14, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, 2007 Democratic primary results
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, 2007 contributions to Randall Patterson
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 115
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |