|Alabama House of Representatives, District 11|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||May 7, 2013|
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Randall Shedd was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Shedd ran for election in the special election for Alabama House of Representatives District 11. The seat was vacant following Jeremy Oden's (R) resignation to accept an appointment to the Alabama Public Service Commission on November 30, 2012. Shedd faced Lydia Haynes, Danny Alldredge and Mike Graves in the Republican primary on February 12, 2013. As no candidate received more than 50 percent of the vote, the top two vote-getters - Randall Shedd and Danny Alldredge - met in a primary runoff election on March 26, which Shedd won. Because the Democratic Party failed to certify a candidate by April 10, Shedd was declared the winner.
Campaign donor data is not yet available for the 2013 special election.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama's 13, "Al. voters will pick legislators in two special elections," December 5, 2012
- abc3340, "Shedd wins GOP runoff for Alabama House seat," March 26, 2013
|Alabama House District 11
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|