Randy Stewart, Arkansas Representative
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 23|
|2007 - January 10, 2013|
|Per diem||$136/per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||3 terms (6 years)|
|Bachelor's||Henderson State University (1973)|
|Master's||Henderson State University (2002)|
|Birthday||October 28, 1951|
|Place of birth||Nashville, Arkansas|
|Religion||Church of Christ|
Stewart currently works as a high school teacher in the Kirby School District. Previously he has served as Administrator, Federal Technician in the Arkansas National Guard, and as a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Army/United States Army Reserve/Army National Guard, 1974-2002.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Stewart served on these committees:
- Subcommittee on Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Subcommittee on Claims Review, Chair
- Subcommittee on Higher Education, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Stewart served on these committees:
- Advanced Communications and Information Technology Committee, Arkansas House
- City, County and Local Affairs Committee, Arkansas House
- Public Transportation Committee, Arkansas House
- Subcommittee on Planning
- Subcommittee on Public Transportation and Rail (Chair)
Stewart's answers to the Arkansas State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test are available, and when asked his legislative priorities in that test he responded:
- 1. Adequate education funding for rural schools and opposition to rural school consolidation solely based on numbers.
- 2. Development of alternative fuels from agriculture and forestry by-products and the jobs that will come with this new energy source.
- 3. Improvement of state employee/teacher retirement and insurance programs.
Stewart's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1097 - "AN ACT CONCERNING PLACES WHERE A PERSON IS PROHIBITED FROM CARRYING A CONCEALED HANDGUN."
- HB 1205 - "TO ENHANCE BENEFITS FOR MEMBERS OF THE ARKANSAS PUBLIC EMPLOYEES' RETIREMENT SYSTEM WHO ARE MEMBERS OF THE ARMED FORCES, ARKANSAS NATIONAL GUARD, AND ARMED FORCES RESERVE AND TO PROVIDE CONSISTENCY WITH FEDERAL LAW."
- HB 1623 - "PROHIBITING THE RELEASE OF THE IDENTITIES OR OTHER INFORMATION CONCERNING CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSEES."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Stewart won re-election to the 23rd district seat in 2010. He faced no opposition.
Stewart raised $19,650 for his campaign.
|Arkansas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Randy Stewart, Arkansas Representative's campaign in 2010|
|Arkansas Health Care Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$10,950|
Below are Stewart's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Arkansas Health Care Assoc||$2,000|
|Clark Co Democratic Cmte||$1,000|
|Arkansas Education Assoc||$1,000|
|Southwestern Energy Co||$750|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Randy + Stewart + Arkansas + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Rep. Randy Stewart
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
|Arkansas House District 23
| Succeeded by|
Ann Clemmer (R)
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|
Arkansas Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | FOIA procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of counties |
List of Cities |
List of School Board Districts |