For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Iowa House of Representatives District 31|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Zirkelbach served in the Iowa National Guard, Iraq from 2005-2007. He has also been a Corrections Officer at Anamosa State Penitentiary.
- Natural Resources
- Subcommittee on Justice System Appropriations
- Veterans Affairs (Chair)
Zirkelbach lost his bid for re-election to the 31st District seat against Lee Hein (R). Zirkelbach had no opposition in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 31 General Election (2010)|
|Lee Hein (R)||6,280|
|Ray Zirkelbach (D)||5,431|
On November 4, 2008, Zirkelbach was re-elected to the 31st District Seat in the Iowa House of Representatives, defeating Dena Himes (R). Zirkelbach raised $23,968 for his campaign, while Himes raised $49,285.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 31|
|Ray Zirkelbach (D)||9,818|
|Dena Himes (R)||5,096|
In 2008 Zirkelbach collected $23,968 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|International Association of Fire Fighters||$3,500|
|Iowa Credit Union League||$2,500|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$1,500|
- Ray Zirkelbach's Official Website
- Ray Zirkelbach on the Iowa Legislature Website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2004
- Ray Zirkelbach on Facebook
- Ray Zirkelbach on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Zirkelbach
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed April 8, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2008 Iowa House candidates," accessed April 7, 2014
- 2008 Contributions to Ray Zirkelbach
|Iowa House of Representatives District 31
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |