|U.S. House, Oregon, District 5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||North Marion High (1967)|
|Other||Association of General Contractors/Project Management Certificate|
Baldwin graduated from North Marion High-General Education in 1967. He studied history at Oregon College of Education in Monmoth, and he attended Portland Community College and Portland State, where he studied political science and Middle East studies. He holds his Association of General Contractors/Project Management Certificate.
He was a union carpenter, an expeditor for a sheet metal plant, a plywood mill worker and a booman, as well as serving in leadership roles in community. Baldwin served two years on the Grade School Site Council for Knight Elementary School and one year on the Ackerman Jr. High Site Council. He spent five years with the Cub Scouts, one as pack commissioner, and then two years as senior patrol adviser for the Boy Scouts.
Baldwin's political philosophy is that individual law abiding citizens should be free to enjoy their constitutional rights without government interference through spying, data collection and unlawful intrusions.
Baldwin ran for Oregon's 5th Congressional District seat in 2012 as a Constitution candidate. His platform focused on the following issues:
- Amend the USA PATRIOT Act to bar government spying on sovereign citizens
- Repeal Obamacare's federal medical invasion of privacy
- Oppose medical records computer database
- Amend the HIPPA Law to remove the phase "best interest" of children, allowing parents and spouses easier access to medical records.
- Uphold our 1st and 2nd Amendment rights, among all others!
- Create incentives for states to hire veterans.
Baldwin ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Oregon's 5th District. He faced incumbent Kurt Schrader (D), Fred Thompson (R) and Christina Jean Lugo (Pacific Green Party) in the general election on November 6, 2012. He was defeated by Schrader.
|U.S. House, Oregon District 5 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Kurt Schrader Incumbent||54%||177,229|
|Green||Christina Jean Lugo||2.3%||7,516|
|Source: Oregon Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
Baldwin resides in Canby, Oregon. He raised nine children as a single father and has nine grandchildren and one great grandchild.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Raymond + Baldwin + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Oregon's 5th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Oregon's 5th Congressional District
- Oregon Secretary of State Elections Division
- Raymond Baldwin Official Campaign Website
- Oregon Secretary of State Candidate Information: Raymond Lee Baldwin
- Oregon Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing Search," accessed August 1, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "2012 General Election Candidate Filing," accessed September 7, 2012
- CNN, "Oregon Districts Race - 2012 Election Center"
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Elections Division: Candidate Information," August 24, 2012
- [Bio submission to Ballotpedia, October 27, 2012]
- Baldwin for Congress Official Campaign Website, "About me," accessed October 27, 2012