|New Jersey State Senate District 20|
|January 10, 2014|
|Years in position||29|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next election||November 5, 2013|
|New Jersey General Assembly|
|J.D.||Saint John's University School of Law|
|Birthday||May 7, 1946|
|Place of birth||Elizabeth, NJ|
Lesniak graduated with an A.B. in Economics from Rutgers University. He later graduated with a J.D. from St. John's University School of Law. Lesniak is an attorney at Weiner Lesniak.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Lesniak served on these committees:
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Lesniak is running in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 20. Lesniak defeated Donna Obe in the June 4 Democratic primary and is unopposed in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013.
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2011
Lesniak won re-election to the District 20 State Senate seat in 2011. He will defeated Democratic candidate Jerome Dunn in the June 7 Democratic primary election. Lesniak defeated Republican candidate Helen Rosales in the general election which took place on November 8, 2011. 
|New Jersey State Senate District 20 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||Raymond Lesniak Incumbent||75.5%||12,510|
|New Jersey State Senate District 20 Democratic Primary, 2011|
|Raymond Lesniak Incumbent||52.6%||8,124|
In 2007, Lesniak was re-elected to the New Jersey State Senate District 20. Lesniak (D) finished with 9,760 votes and was followed by Linda Gaglione (R) with 4,478 votes and Stanley Moskal (I) with 2,387 votes. Lesniak raised $238,147 for his campaign fund. 
|New Jersey Senate 2007 General Election, District 20 (2007)|
|Raymond Lesniak (D)||9,760|
|Linda Gaglione (R)||4,478|
|Stanley Moskal (I)||2,387|
In 2011, Lesniak received $881,363 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Raymond Lesniak's campaign in 2011|
|Cmte To Elect Lesniak Cryan & Quijano||$198,225|
|International Longshoremens Association||$16,400|
|New Jersey Regional Council Of Carpenters||$15,700|
|New Jersey Association Of Realtors||$8,700|
|Booker Team For Newark||$8,200|
|Total Raised in 2011||$881,363|
|Total Votes received in 2011||12,510|
|Cost of each vote received||$70.45|
In 2007, Lesniak collected $238,147 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Lesniak, Raymond J.||$20,000|
|New Jersey Association of Realtors||$12,000|
|New Jersey State Laborers||$8,200|
|New Jersey Regional Council of Carpenters||$6,000|
Lesniak was endorsed by:
Lesniak represents New Jersey Senate District 20, which includes the city of Elizabeth, New Jersey.
Lesniak currently resides in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Raymond + Lesniak + New Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official website of Raymond Lesniak
- Raymond Lesniak legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Raymond Lesniak biography on Project Vote Smart
- New Jersey Democratic Party biography of Raymond Lesniak
- Facebook page
- Twitter page
- ↑ Bills Sponsored by Senators and Representatives
- ↑ Raymond Lesniak at Project Vote Smart
- ↑ Official website of Raymond Lesniak
- ↑ Union County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Primary Candidate List
- ↑ New Jersey State Senate election results
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- ↑ http://www.followthemoney.org/database/StateGlance/candidate.phtml?c=95810
- ↑ Politicker NJ, 2011 AFL-CIO endorsed candidates, accessed Aug. 5, 2011
- ↑ New Jersey Senate Districts By Number
|New Jersey State Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|