|Arizona House of Representatives District 26|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Speakman's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "This land of America has always been a refuge for those who seek religious freedom. Today that freedom is being threatened on every front for all faiths. The men that established the Constitution had a strong faith in God and Christ. One of our most famous founding fathers, Benjamin Franklin said, “ I have lived, sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth – that God governs the affairs of men."
- Excerpt: "Families are the basic unit of society. A well-functioning family is the cure for most of our social challenges. Studies show – time and time again – that children from stable and loving homes become productive, well-balanced individuals. Families and the roles of parents in a family must be preserved, strengthened, and encouraged."
- Excerpt: "Our freedoms of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (property ownership) are being attacked on all fronts. This attack must stop. The larger the government becomes the less freedom we have. When people are willing to let government infringe on their God-given rights, those God-given rights will diminish and be removed from our lives."
Speakman ran in the 2012 election for Arizona House of Representatives District 26. He and Mary Lou Taylor defeated Buckley Merrill and Jason Youn in the Republican primary on August 28, 2012. He was defeated in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 26 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Mary Lou Taylor||29.8%||3,611|
Speakman received endorsements from:
- Matt Salmon – Candidate for Congress
- Justin Olson – State representative
- Justin Pierce – State representative
- Alex Finter – Mesa City Council
- Raymond Jones – 26th District Chairman
- Scott Greenhalgh – Tempe Educator
- Tauni Orton – Heritage Precinct Committeeman Captain
- Chris Glover, Mesa City Council
Speakman is married and has eight children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Raymond + Speakman + Arizona + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website, Issues
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2010 Primary candidate list," accessed December 20, 2013
- [http://www.azsos.gov/election/2012/Primary/Canvass.pdf Arizona Secretary of State " Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed December 20, 2013]
- Ray Speakman for Arizona "Endorsements," accessed September 22, 2012
- Biography from Project Vote Smart