Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 3|
|Missouri House Of Representatives, District 2|
|2007 - 2011|
McClanahan has worked as a health care consultant, registered nurse, and educator at Truman State University. She earned her PhD in Community Mental Health Nursing from the University of Kansas, M.S. in Nursing from the University of Missouri, and B.S. in Nursing from Truman State University.
McClanahan is a member of the Kirksville Nazarene Church, Missouri Nurses Association Board, Phi Kappa Phi, and Rho Omega Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
McClanahan's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"When it comes to both the personal and the professional, Rebecca understands firsthand the most important issues of health care. For her entire career, she has fought for better healthcare and greater access for all Missourians."
- Excerpt:"In order to prepare our students for the workforce, we need investment. In order to inspire a love of learning, we need investment. Rebecca will work hard to responsibly increase funding for the foundation of our democracy."
- Excerpt:"Rebecca knows that small businesses are as much a part of our economic growth as they are part of the community. She will work to foster local entrepreneurship, increase employment opportunities, and make it easier for businesses to thrive and grow."
- Excerpt:"Rather than watching the wealth of our fields and stockyards leave the area and the state, Rebecca will work to keep it here, for our farmers and our families."
McClanahan ran in the 2012 election for Missouri House of Representatives, District 3. McClanahan ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by Nate Walker (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 3, General Election, 2012|
Rebecca McClanahan raised $168,482 for her campaign.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 2|
|Rebecca McClanahan (D)||8,626||54.6%|
|Thom Van Vleck (R)||7,169||45.4%|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Rebecca McClanahan's 2008 campaign.
|Missouri House Democratic Campaign CMTE||$22,000|
|Comprehensive Health Systems||$10,325|
|Adair County Democratic Central CMTE||$2,635|
|Citizens for Mike Talboy||$1,700|
|2nd Democratic Legislative District CMTE||$1,675|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rebecca + McClanahan + Missouri + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Missouri House of Representatives - Rep. Rebecca McClanahan
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. McClanahan
- "rebeccamcclanahan," Official Campaign Website
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Nov 6, 2012 General Election - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Aug 7, 2012 Primary - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Missouri House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money's report on McClanahan's 2008 campaign contributions
|Missouri State House District 2
| Succeeded by|
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |