|Maine State Senate, District 29|
|December 5, 2012 - Present|
|December 6, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session) |
$9,661/year (second regular session)
|Per diem||$38/day, plus $32/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Master's||University of Chicago|
|Date of birth||October 5, 1962|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Millett served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education and Cultural Affairs, Chair|
In a Portland Press Herald questionnaire, Millett explained what she sought to accomplish upon winning office:
"I would like to be part of a nonpartisan, coordinated, cooperative and goal-oriented effort to bring jobs to Maine, involving employer stakeholders, small business persons, and employees."
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maine State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. District 7 incumbent Rebecca Millett was unopposed in the Democratic primary. John Ridge was unopposed in the Republican primary but withdrew afterwards; he was replaced by William DeSena. Millett defeated DeSena and Mark Diehl (G) in the general election.
|Maine State Senate District 29, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Rebecca Millett Incumbent||50.8%||9,926|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2012
Millett won election in the 2012 election for Maine State Senate District 7. She defeated 124th District State Representative Bryan Kaenrath in the Democratic primary on June 12, 2012, and defeated Michael Darren Wallace (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Maine State Senate, District 7, General Election, 2012|
|Maine State Senate, District 7 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Millett is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Millett raised a total of $26,250 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 10, 2013.
|Rebecca Millett's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State Senate, District 7||$26,250|
|Grand Total Raised||$26,250|
2012Millett won election to the Maine State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Millett raised a total of $26,250.
|Maine State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Rebecca Millett's campaign in 2012|
|Lennon, Sara W||$100|
|Millett, Rebecca J||$100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$26,250|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Millett and her husband have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rebecca + Millett + Maine + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine State Senate
- Maine Senate Committees
- Maine Joint Committees
- Maine state legislative districts
- Rebecca Millett on the Maine State Senate website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Portland Press Herald, "Voters Guide: State Legislature," accessed June 8, 2012
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," accessed May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," accessed June 2, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election - November 4, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed June 12, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Millett, Rebecca," accessed September 10, 2013
- rebeccamillet.com, "Official campaign website," accessed February 18, 2014
Cynthia Dill (D)
|Maine Senate District 7
| Succeeded by|