Recall campaigns in New York
= The targeted politician resigned after a recall campaign was begun, and before the vote on the recall would have taken place.
By Kyle Maichle
A total of 21 pieces of legislation were considered during the 2009-2010 session. Both the Assembly and the Senate considered their own versions to implement citizen initiative for state statutes, amendments to the New York Constitution, recall, and vetoing legislation by referendum. Also, a constitutional convention amendment was considered during the past legislative session.
All proposed legislation did not advance out of committee as the state has been dealt with a serious fiscal crisis during most of the legislative session that has prevented initiative legislation from being considered at all. The Legislature is currently in a extraordinary session to deal with the budget crisis.
- ↑ New York State Assembly "2010 Legislative Calendar"
- ↑ New York Senate "Official Calendar"
- ↑ National Conference of State Legislatures "Initiative and Referendum Legislation Database"(Search New York on Drop-Down Menu)
- ↑ New York Post "Ugly budget -- but a pretty precedent", June 30, 2010
- ↑ New York Daily News "Gov. Paterson Calls Sunday Session", June 26, 2010