The Regulations Review Committee is a Joint standing committee of the Connecticut General Assembly and contains members of the Senate and the House. In the Connecticut Legislature, there are no separate chamber committees.
Per each chamber's rules, committees of the Connecticut General Assembly are assigned by the President of the Senate and Speaker of the House. Committees are assigned at the start of each term. A majority of appointed members make up a committee's quorum. Neither the President nor the Speaker is recognized as an "ex officio" member of any committee.
See rules: Senate Rules
See rules: House Rules
See rules: Joint Rules
||It is the responsibility of the Legislative Regulation Review Committee to review regulations proposed by state agencies and approve them before regulations are implemented. This position was adopted since all regulations have the force of law, and it is important that regulations do not contravene the legislative intent, or conflict with current state or federal laws, or state or federal constitutions.
2015 legislative session
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2015 legislative session.
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.
- ↑ Connecticut General Assembly, "Senate Rules," accessed February 5, 2014(Rule 18)
- ↑ Connecticut General Assembly, "House Rules," accessed February 5, 2014(Rule 20-d)
- ↑ Connecticut General Assembly, "Joint Rules," accessed February 5, 2014(Rule 3-c-1)
- ↑ Connecticut General Assembly, "Regulations Review Committee," accessed February 5, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.