|Kansas House of Representatives District 125|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Liberal High School (2004)|
|Bachelor's||Oklahoma Panhandle State University (2012)|
Petty was elected to the USD No. 480 School Board in 2009. In 2010, he was selected Chairman of the Seward County Republican Party. Petty attended Oklahoma Panhandle State University, receiving a Bachelor's in Elementary Education in 2012.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Petty served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Social Services Budget|
|• Federal and State Affairs|
Petty won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 125. He defeated incumbent Carl D. Holmes in the August 7 Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 125 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Carl D. Holmes Incumbent||49.7%||895|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Reid + Petty + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rep. votes 'no' on bill to freeze Common Core - Leader and Times
- Rep. Petty to be in Liberal Saturday - Leader and Times
- Obama administration raises the 'social cost' of CO2 - Daily Caller
- 156000 Allied troops from the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, free ... - Daily Caller
- Magpul sells out of limited edition magazines to help fund gun control lawsuit ... - Daily Caller
- Muslim advocates urge reduced FBI anti-jihad role - Daily Caller
- Dems rebel against Obama admin's environmental agenda - Daily Caller
- Global Charity Concert Features Beyonce, Lopez; Rowland, Rubio Join X Factor - Voice of America
- Out of town music - NOW Magazine
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ Leader & Times, "Petty to challenge Holmes for House seat," May 10, 2012
- ↑ Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," retrieved July 13, 2012.
- ↑ C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," retrieved August 7, 2012.
- ↑ Kansas Secretary of State, 2012 Unofficial Kansas General Election Results, accessed November 27, 2012
Carl Holmes (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 125
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |
Open Records Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |