Rena W. Turner
|Rena W. Turner|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 84|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Retired - Clerk of Superior Court, Iredell County|
Turner earned both her undergraduate and graduate degrees from Lenoir-Rhyne University. Her professional experience includes working as a teacher at Oakwood Junior High and Harmony Elementary and as the Clerk of Superior Court for Iredell County.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Turner served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• State Personnel|
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Rena W. Turner defeated Jay White and Kirk Sherrill in the Republican primary, while Gene Mitchell Mahaffey was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Mahaffey and Turner will face off in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 84 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Rena W. Turner Incumbent||65.5%||5,889|
Turner ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 84. She defeated Kirk Sherrill and Frank Mitchell in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. She defeated Gene Mitchell Mahaffey (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 84, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Rena W. Turner||65.3%||23,284|
|Democratic||Gene Mitchell Mahaffey||34.7%||12,388|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 84 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Rena W. Turner||46.7%||5,250|
Comprehensive donor information for Turner is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Turner raised a total of $12,048 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 3, 2013.
|Rena Turner's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 84||$12,048|
|Grand Total Raised||$12,048|
2012Turner won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Turner raised a total of $12,048.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Rena W. Turner's campaign in 2012|
|Cmte to Elect Republican Women||$1,000|
|Douglas, Michael K||$1,000|
|Jenkins, Tracey R||$600|
|Piedmont Triad Anesthesia||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$12,048|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2014, Turner's endorsements include the following:
- State Employees Association of North Carolina (SEANC)
Turner and her husband, Donald, have three children and six grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Rena + Turner + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- NC House District 84, "About Rena," accessed April 21, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results For 2014," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Turner, Rena W," accessed September 3, 2013
- www.seanc.org, "State Employee PAC Endorses Bipartisan Slate of Candidates," accessed April 17, 2014
Phillip Frye (R)
|North Carolina House - District 84
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |