For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives District 45|
|1989 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Associate's||Community College of Rhode Island, 1981|
Menard was a delegate at the Rhode Island Constitutional Convention in 1986. In 1999, Menard served as Deputy Majority Whip, and he served as House Majority Whip in 2002.
Menard earned his A.A. in Fire Science from the Community College of Rhode Island in 1981. His professional experience included working as a Firefighter for the City of Woonsocket but is now retired.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Menard served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Menard served on these committees:
- Municipal Government Committee, Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Separation of Powers and Oversight Committee, Rhode Island House of Representatives
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 45 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Rene Menard Incumbent||45.8%||900|
Menard won re-election to the 45th District seat in 2010. He defeated Julie Zito in the September 14 Democratic primary and defeated Republican Larry Shetler and independent Colleen Scanlan in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Rhode Island House District 45|
|Rene Menard (D)||2889|
|Jennifer Hirons (R)||1185|
|Colleen Scanlan (I)||988|
|Rhode Island House District 45|
|Rene Menard (D)||5,146|
In 2010, Menard raised $44,333 in campaign donations. The top contributors to the campaign are listed below.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Rene Menard's campaign in 2010|
|Lincoln Teachers Association||$1,700|
|Schadone, Gregory J||$1,000|
|Baldelli, Dan R||$1,000|
|Rhode Island Federation Of Teachers||$900|
|Total Raised in 2010||$44,333|
Listed below are the four largest contributors to Rene Menard's 2008 campaign.
|Dan R. Baldelli||$1,500|
|International Association of Fire Fighters||$1,000|
|Woonsocket Fire Fighters Local 732||$1,000|
Menard and his wife, Linda, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Rene + Menard + Rhode + Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996, 1994
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rene Menard,” accessed November 25, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed April 25, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 9, 2012
- Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2010 primary election results," accessed November 24, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2010 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Rhode Island House election results, 2008," accessed June 10, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions to Rene Menard,” accessed November 25, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions to Rene Menard,” accessed November 25, 2014
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 45
| Succeeded by|
Mia Ackerman (D)