Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly, District 86|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
She ran unsuccessfully as a 2013 Republican candidate in the special election for District 86 of the New York State Assembly. Santos was a Republican candidate for District 86 of the New York State Assembly. The primary election was on September 14, 2010, and the general election was on November 2.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place September 9, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Incumbent Victor Pichardo defeated Hector Ramirez in the Democratic primary, while Rene Santos was unopposed in the Republican primary. Jose Marte is running on the Conservative Party ticket. Pichardo is also running on the Working Families Party ticket. Pichardo, Santos and Marte will face off in the general election.
|New York State Assembly, District 86 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Victor Pichardo Incumbent||50%||1,888|
Santos ran in a special election for New York Assembly District 86. The seat was vacant following Rep. Nelson Castro's (D) resignation amidst a bribery scandal. Santos was defeated by Victor Pichardo (D) in the special election, which took place on November 5.
|New York State Assembly, District 86, Special Election, 2013|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
|New York State Assembly, District 86 2010|
|Nelson Castro (D)||7,613|
|Hector Ramirez (WF)||1,698|
|Rene Santos (R)||324|
|Lisa Campbell (C)||199|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rene + Santos + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- New York State Assembly District 86
- New York State Assembly elections, 2014
- New York State Legislature
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- New York State Assembly
- newyork.cbslocal.com, "State Assembly - District 86 - Dem Primary," September 10, 2013
- New York Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," accessed August 8, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Primary results for September 9, 2014," accessed October 1, 2014
- nydailynews.com, "Gov. Cuomo opts against special election for open Bronx Assembly seat," April 26, 2013
- vote.nyc.ny.us, "Official election results," accessed December 11, 2013
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |