|Illinois House of Representatives District 37|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||17|
|Assistant Minority Leader. Illinois House of Representatives|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Birthday||April 3, 1943|
|Place of birth||Chicago, IL|
Kosel served as Assistant Minority Leader from 2005 to 2013.
Kosel earned her B.S. in Education.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kosel served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health Care Licenses|
|• International Trade & Commerce|
|• Museums, Arts, & Cultural Enhancement|
|• Tollway Oversight|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kosel served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2011|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kosel served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Joint Comm. on Government Reform|
|• Health Care Licenses|
|• Mass Transit|
|• Medicaid Reform, Family & Children|
|• Public Policy & Accountability|
Kosel won re-election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 37. Kosel was unopposed in the March 20 Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 37, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Renee Kosel Incumbent||100%||42,291|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 81 (2010)|
|Renee Kosel (R)||37,390||74.93%|
|John F. Unhoch (D)||12,500||25.05%|
|Tim Petty (Write-In)||7||0.01%|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 81 (2008)|
|Renee Kosel (R)||42,218|
|Rich Kelly (D)||24,206|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 81 (2006)|
|Renee Kosel (R)||32,861|
Comprehensive donor information for Kosel is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kosel raised a total of $105,007 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 19, 2013.
|Renee Kosel's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Illinois State House, District 37||$105,007|
|Grand Total Raised||$105,007|
2012Kosel won re-election to the Illinois House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Kosel raised a total of $105,007.
|Illinois House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Renee Kosel's campaign in 2012|
|Illinois State Dental Society||$6,500|
|Penn National Gaming||$4,000|
|Illinois Hospital & Health Systems Association||$2,500|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$105,007|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Kosel received a score of 62.50 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of C- according to the IOP’s grading scale. Her score was tied for the 34th highest among all 120 members of the Illinois House of Representatives included in the Vote Card.
Kosel is a member of the Lincoln-Way Foundation for Educational Excellence, and the United Way.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Renee + Kosel + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Renée Kosel (R) 81st District
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Additional Illinois Endorsements," March 15, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- Illinois Official 2010 General Election Results
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006
- followthemoney.org, "Kosel, Renee," accessed July 19, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Kosel
Charles Krezwick (D)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 37
2013 – Present
| Succeeded by|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 81
1997 – 2013
| Succeeded by|
Ron Sandack (R)
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |