Rent is 2 Damn High
|Rent is 2 Damn High Party|
McMillan and the party gained a cult following in 2010 after his appearance in a debate at Hofstra University. He was a crowd favorite for his "ceaseless tirade against high rents throughout the state." New York magazine crowned McMillan as the debate's winner. The video of part of the debate can be found below:
A platform released by McMillan in 2010 had the following points:
- Declaring an economic state of emergency
- Housing Homeless Emergency Bill
- Combining various housing boards into the New York State Rent Board
- Travel tax deductions
- Free college tuition
- Property tax cut
- Landlord Tenant and Criminal Court reform
- Restoring family values
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rent + is + 2 + Damn + High + Party'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this organization due to the nature of the search engine.