The Revenue and Economic Development Committee (known as the Revenue Committee from 2011-2012, and the Taxation Committee prior) is a standing committee of the Nevada State Senate.
Per Senate Rules 6 and 40, standing committees of the Nevada State Senate are appointed by the Majority Leader (with input on minority membership from the minority caucus) following the appointment of standing committees in the Nevada State Assembly at the beginning of a regular legislative session, and interim committees may be appointed by the Majority Leader when needed. In the event of incapacitation, a committee chair or member may be temporarily replaced with a member of the same party by the Majority Leader.
See rules: Senate Standing Rules
||Revenue and Economic Development, seven members, with jurisdiction over measures affecting primarily title 32 of NRS, and chapters 231 and 237A of NRS, and state and local revenue.
||The several committees shall acquaint themselves with the interests of the State specially
represented by the committee and shall present such bills and reports as in their judgment will
advance the interests and promote the welfare of the people of the State.
2015 legislative session
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2015 legislative session.
- ↑ Nevada Legislature, "Senate Standing Rules," accessed February 5, 2014 Rules 6(4)(c), 40
- ↑ Nevada Legislature, "2013 Legislative Manual," accessed February 4, 2014 pp. 148, 153
- ↑ Nevada Legislature, "Senate Standing Rules," accessed February 5, 2014 Rule 41
- ↑ Nevada Legislature, "Senate Standing Rules," accessed February 4, 2014 Rule 40(1)(i)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- ↑ Nevada Legislature, "Senate Standing Rules," accessed February 4, 2014 Rule 43