Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois House of Representatives District 35|
|High school||Evergreen Park High School, Oak Lawn Community High School (1984)|
|Bachelor's||University of Illinois at Chicago (1989)|
|Associate's||Moraine Valley Community College (1987)|
|Master's||University of Indianapolis (1992)|
|Ph.D.||Nova Southeastern University (2007)|
|Place of birth||Oak Lawn, IL|
Fernandez works as a physical therapist. He previously worked as an adjunct instructor at Governors State University, Morton College and Oakton Community College.
On his 2012 campaign website, Fernandez lists four core issues of the campaign:
- 1. "Committed to strengthen Illinois’ economy by helping the taxpayers of Illinois via lowering the state income tax burden."
- 2. "Promote job growth and assist businesses in Illinois. Attract new businesses to the state by lowering the corporate income tax rate for all businesses in Illinois, not just a select few."
- 3. "Cut waste in government, end wasteful spending, demand accountability in government and balance the budget."
- 4. "Save the pensions for retirees by being proactive and reforming the system for future participants."
Fernandez ran in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 35 following his Senate defeat earlier in the year. He filed for placement on the general election ballot on August 21, 2012 following the withdrawal of Steven Williams (R) and was defeated by Frances Ann Hurley (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 35, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Frances Ann Hurley||68.3%||34,590|
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Fernandez ran in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 18. Fernandez lost against Barbara Ruth Bellar in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012. Bill Cunningham, District 35 incumbent in the State House, ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 18 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Barbara Ruth Bellar||74.1%||9,846|
Fernandaz was born in Oak Lawn, Illinois. He is the second oldest of ten children. Fernandez married his wife Gina in 1990. They live in Orlando Park.
- Official campaign website
- Citizens for Ricardo A. Fernandez Facebook page
- Project Vote Smart profile
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Citizens for Ricardo A. Fernandez Facebook page, "About Me," accessed January 3, 2012
- ↑ Citizens for Ricardo A. Fernandez, "Homepage," accessed January 3, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate detail - Ricardo A. Fernandez," retrieved September 5, 2012.
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |