|Iowa State Senate District 5|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Olive has received his high school diploma.
Olive served in the United States Army National Guard. He has been President of Story City Development Corporation. He is currently owner/President of Norsemen Insurance and Realty.
- Agriculture Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Commerce Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Economic Growth Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Government Oversight Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Local Government Committee, Iowa State Senate
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2010
In the June 8 primary election, Olive was unopposed.
On November 7, 2008, Olive was re-elected to the 5th District Seat in the Iowa State Senate, defeating James M. Kurtenbach (R). Olive raised $231,239 for his campaign, while Kurtenbach raised $206,876.
|Iowa State Senate, District 5 (2006)|
|Rich Olive (D)||11,224|
|James M. Kurtenbach (R)||11,162|
In 2006 Olive collected $231,239 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Democratic Party||$114,315|
|Forward Together PAC||$9,500|
|Progressive Patriots Fund||$9,000|
|Iowa Trial Lawyers Association||$8,500|
Olive and his wife, Marian, have three children.
- Campaign Website
- Sen. Olive's Website
- Official Iowa State Senate website of Rich Olive
- Results for the November 2, 2010 general election, Iowa
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Rich Olive on Facebook
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 election results," accessed December 24, 2013
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 Primary election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2006 General election results," accessed April 8, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2006 Senate candidates," accessed April 8, 2014
- 2006 Contributions to Rich Olive
|Iowa Senate District 5
| Succeeded by|