|Iowa State Senate District 42|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Years of service||1972-1979|
|Place of birth||Mount Pleasant, Iowa|
Taylor works as an HVAC Technician and Maintenance Worker for the Iowa State Penitentiary located in Fort Madison, Iowa. He is a licensed Master Electrician, Master HVAC Technician, and Master Refrigeration Mechanic.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Taylor served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Agriculture, Vice-chair|
|• Economic Growth/Rebuild Iowa|
|• Local Government|
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Taylor ran in the 2012 election for Iowa State Senate District 42. He defeated Donna Amandus and Bob Morawitz in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012. Taylor defeated Larry W. Kruse (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa State Senate, District 42, General Election, 2012|
|Iowa State Senate, District 42 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Rich and his wife Annette have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Rich + Taylor + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- The Taylor Report by Sen. Rich Taylor - Fairfield Ledger (subscription)
- Top of the class for May 19 - Rapid City Journal - Rapid City Journal
- Lawmakers agree to close Fort Madison mental unit - DesMoinesRegister.com
- Rachel Maddow Calls Out Obama Over 'Irrevocable Harm' Caused To AP (VIDEO) - Huffington Post
- This Is The Anti-Immigrant Movement Right-Wing Media Are Amplifying - Media Matters for America (blog)
- Steve Roberts, Kansas Education Board Member, Defends Using N-Word, Says ... - Huffington Post
- Central Lee FFA with Taylor.1 - Fort Madison Daily Democrat
- Geisha Video By LA CityWorks Is Offensive And Puzzling - Huffington Post - Huffington Post
- Rachel Maddow Relentlessly Mocks GOP For Benghazi Conspiracy Theory ... - Huffington Post
- Adam Holland Lawsuit: Family Of Man With Down Syndrome Sue For $18 Million ... - Huffington Post
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Sen. Taylor's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Rich Taylor on Facebook
Shawn Hamerlinck (R)
|Iowa State Senate District 42
| Succeeded by|