Richard A. Wooten
|Richard A. Wooten|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 34|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||St. Joseph College (2002)|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Birthday||June 21, 1965|
Wooten's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Public Safety
- Excerpt: "Making sure we protect the pensions of police & firefighters who risk their lives everyday to serve and protect our families."
- Veterans Support
- Excerpt: "Making sure we put more resources in place to provide jobs, housing, healthcare and education to assist our military veterans and their families during active duty and after they have served our country honorably."
- Economic Development Reform
- Excerpt: "Sponsoring better jobs legislation creating more jobs, & protecting workers & unemployment benefits supporting families."
- Education Reform
- Excerpt: "Supporting legislation to address a new school funding formula so that all students can have access to a quality public education in a safe and healthy learning environment."
- Senior Programs
- Excerpt: "Protecting our seniors from nursing home neglect, physical abuse, and financial crimes."
- Excerpt: "Making sure we provide access to healthcare, & prevention care for everyone in our state."
- Community Partnerships
- Excerpt: "I will be visible by forming working advisory groups with constituents & other interested community stakeholders to address crime, jobs, housing, agriculture, parks, & redevelopment in Chicago, Burnham IL, Calumet City IL, Lansing IL, Sauk Village IL, Lynwood IL, Kankakee County IL, & Will County IL."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Elgie R. Sims, Jr. was set to face Richard A. Wooten in the Democratic primary, but Wooten withdrew from the race on December 27, 2013, leaving Sims unopposed. Mark Ekhoff defeated Fatimah "Timah" Macklin in the Republican primary. Sims and Ekhoff will face off in the general election.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 34 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Fatimah "Timah" Macklin||21%||691|
Wooten is married and has two children.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Citizens to Elect Richard Wooten Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- Richard A. Wooten on YouTube
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Unofficial candidate list," accessed February 12, 2014
- Campaign website, Platform
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed May 14, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |