|Pennsylvania Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources|
|June 13, 2011 - June 13, 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||March 23, 2011|
|Appointed by||Gov. Tom Corbett (R)|
|Bachelor's||Wilkes University - Wilkes-Barre (1976)|
The email exchange, which took place May 3, 2013, was between Allan and his wife Patricia, who was then working at the Department of Environmental Protection. His wife wrote in an email that her co-worker, who is black, was showing her "true colors." Allan answered with a single word, "COLORS," in all caps with exclamation points. After finding out about the exchange, the co-worker filed a complaint.
Allan served as vice president and general manager of Allan Industries from 1975 to 1991. From 1991 to 2011 he served as executive director for the Pennsylvania, Maryland and Delaware members of the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, a trade association representing the recycling industry. Allan has also been a consultant to energy producers in the electric, wind, solar and coal sectors.
- Bachelor of Science, Environmental Sciences/Biology, Wilkes University in Wilkes-Barre, 1976
Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources (2011-2013)
Allan served as Pennsylvania Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources from 2011 to June 13, 2013. He was unanimously confirmed by the Pennsylvania State Senate on June 13, 2011.
Allan was nominated as Pennsylvania Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources by Gov. Tom Corbett in March 2011. Corbett stated, "Richard Allan is a proven leader and commands a wealth of knowledge and experience in environmental and energy issues. I am confident that his abilities and background will be a tremendous benefit to DCNR, especially during this critical time in the agency's history."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Richard + Allan + Pennsylvania + Resources"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Philly.com, "Corbett cabinet member fired over email containing racial epithet," June 13, 2013
- NBC Philadelphia, "Email at Center of Cabinet Secretary's Resignation Released," June 14, 2013
- Northcentral PA, "Richard J. Allan To Lead Department of Conservation And Natural Resources," March 23, 2011
- ConserveLand, "Senate Confirms Richard Allan As DCNR Secretary," June 2011
|Pennsylvania Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources
| Succeeded by|