|Former candidate for|
|Utah House of Representatives, District 18|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Utah|
|Master's||University of Phoenix|
|Service/branch||Utah Army National Guard|
|Years of service||1984-1992|
Bagley's campaign website listed the following issues:
Balance and Common Sense
- Excerpt: "I have listened this last session to the many legislative priorities and bills being worked on. I am surprised at how disconnected they appear to be with the families and issues in our district. The priorities I have are driven by what is impacting my family and community. I don't see that suing the federal government or revising our sex education program are worth all the effort and money we are spending."
- Excerpt: "I believe that our teachers do a wonderful job in a challenging environment. They are being asked to do more with less. Industry rewards employees based on what they do and how they do it. We should also reward our top performers. Our current model does not reward top performers and innovators."
- Excerpt: "The Wasatch Front is the 7th worst air quality in the nation! Tesoro and Holli refineries are both looking at doubling their production and expanding their operations this year. Chevron is also working on plans to expand very soon. "
- Excerpt: "Healthcare is affecting our nation and our state. I have dedicated my work life for 24+ years towards making healthcare high quality and affordable. I believe we need to continue to focus and support those organizations that can help provide this to our community. "
Economy and Unemployment
- Excerpt: "I did not see any effort this legislative session in dealing with our ailing economy or jobless rate. Personal mandates seem to be the direction they are going. We have far to many things we should be doing to encourage economic growth but instead we are focused on other things."
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Richard Bagley was unopposed in the Democratic convention. Lawrence Wright was defeated by Timothy Hawkes in the Republican convention. Hawkes defeated Bagley in the general election.
Bagley ran in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 18. He ran and lost against Doug Macdonald in the Democratic primary on June 26, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives District 18 Democratic Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Richard + Bagley + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah House of Representatives District 18
- Utah House of Representatives
- Utah House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Richard Bagley on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Utah Lieutenant Governor, "2014 Candidate Filings," accessed March 22, 2014
- Richard Bagley's campaign website, "Issues," accessed June 21, 2012
- C-SPAN, "AP Elections Results Utah - Summary Vote Results," accessed June 26, 2012
- Utah.Gov, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed July 24, 2012 (dead link)