Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Utah House of Representatives District 18|
|Bachelor's||University of Utah|
|Master's||University of Phoenix|
|Service/branch||Utah Army National Guard|
|Years of service||1984-1992|
Bagley's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Balance And Common Sense
- Excerpt: "I have listened this last session to the many legislative priorities and bills being worked on. I am surprised at how disconnected they appear to be with the families and issues in our district. The priorities I have are driven by what is impacting my family and community. I don't see that suing the federal government or revising our sex education program are worth all the effort and money we are spending."
- Excerpt: "I believe that our teachers do a wonderful job in a challenging environment. They are being asked to do more with less. Industry rewards employees based on what they do and how they do it. We should also reward our top performers. Our current model does not reward top performers and innovators."
- Clean Air
- Excerpt: "The Wasatch Front is the 7th worst air quality in the nation! Tesoro and Holli refineries are both looking at doubling their production and expanding their operations this year. Chevron is also working on plans to expand very soon. "
- Quality Healthcare
- Excerpt: "Healthcare is affecting our nation and our state. I have dedicated my work life for 24+ years towards making healthcare high quality and affordable. I believe we need to continue to focus and support those organizations that can help provide this to our community. "
- Economy And Unemployment
- Excerpt: "I did not see any effort this legislative session in dealing with our ailing economy or jobless rate. Personal mandates seem to be the direction they are going. We have far to many things we should be doing to encourage economic growth but instead we are focused on other things."
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 24, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Richard Bagley is unopposed in the Democratic convention. Lawrence Wright will face Timothy Hawkes in the Republican convention.
Bagley ran in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 18. He ran and lost against Doug Macdonald in the Democratic primary on June 26, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives District 18 Democratic Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Richard + Bagley + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah House of Representatives District 18
- Utah State Senate
- Utah State Senate elections, 2014