|Massachusetts State House, Second Worcester District|
|2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Fitchburg State College|
|Place of birth||Leominster, MA|
In the early 1990's, Rich served in the U.S. Navy aboard the USS Blue Ridge. He is a former retail store manager. he also holds a license to teach History in grades 8-12 in Massachusetts.
Bastien graduated cum laude from Fitchburg State College with a Bachelor's Degree in History and a minor in Political Science.
Bastien's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"As State Representative, I work with local leaders and business owners to ensure that we support the businesses we have and attract new ones to our area."
- Excerpt:"I will continue to fight against both of these proposals and look to find efficiencies in our existing state budget. We do not need more revenue, we need to spend less and do it better."
- Excerpt:"As your State Representative, I continue to work with parents, teachers, administrators and legislators to seek ways to lower costs while providing our children the tools, technology, classrooms, and teachers that inspire them to succeed and have a safe and secure future."
It’s your Government, not theirs
- Excerpt:"I endeavor spending every day working as your advocate on Beacon Hill, not someone else’s."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bastien served on the following committees:
- Global Warming and Climate Change
- Higher Education Joint Committee
- Veterans and Federal Affairs Joint Committee
Bastien ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Second Worcester District. Bastien defeated Scott Graves in the September 6 Republican primary and was defeated by Jonathan Zlotnik (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Second Worcester District, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Richard Bastien Incumbent||49%||8,194|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Second Worcester District Republican Primary, 2012|
|Richard Bastien Incumbent||67.7%||969|
Bastien won election to the Second Worcester Seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition. He defeated Patrick Gerry (D), Carolyn Kamuda (I) and Colleen Laperriere (I) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Second Worcester District (2010)|
|Patrick Gerry (D)||5,250|
|Richard Bastien (R)||5,652|
|Carolyn Kamuda (I)||1,014|
|Colleen Laperriere (I)||1,131|
In 2010, Bastien raised $10,937 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Massachusetts Independent Pac For Working Families||$1,000|
Bastien and his spouse Lauren have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Richard + Bastien + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Facebook profile
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Sixth Essex District
| Succeeded by|
Jonathan Zlotnik (D)
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |
Public Records Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |