|Alabama House of Representatives District 14|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Lynn High School, 1976|
|Date of birth||June 9, 1958|
Baughn graduated from Lynn High School in 1976. He then attended Walker College, taking general studies. He has been employed as a driver for the United Parcel Service since 1977.
Baughn served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Environmental Issues
- Subcommittee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Subcommittee on Utilities
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Tim Wadsworth defeated incumbent Richard Baughn in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 14 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Richard Baughn Incumbent||49.6%||4,046|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 14 General Election (2010)|
|Richard Baughn (R)||9,327|
|Ken Guin (D)||4,121|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 14 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Richard Baughn (R)||2,416|
|Charles Bishop (R)||2,137|
In 2010, Baughn raised $261,266 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$170,106|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$31,000|
In 2010, Baughn's endorsements included the following:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of January 2015, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Richard + Baughn + Alabama + House" Richard Baughn News Feed
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama2010.com, "Alabama GOP primary results," accessed May 5, 2014 (dead link)
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Newt Gingrich 2012, "Newt 2012 Announces Alabama Leadership Team," March 12, 2012 (timed out)
- The Alabama Tea Party Express, "Endorsements," November 2, 2010
|Alabama House District 14
| Succeeded by|
Tim Wadsworth (R)
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|