Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 92|
|J.D.||Harvard Law School|
Brodsky's professional experiences include being an adjunct professor in entertainment and municipal law for Saint John's University; adjunct professor in advanced constitutional law for Pace University; and an attorney.
- B.A. from Brandeis University
- J.D. from Harvard Law school
Brodsky did not run for re-election to the New York State Assembly in 2010. Instead, he ran unsuccessfully for Attorney General.
|2010 Race for Attorney General - Democratic Primary|
|Democratic Party||Eric Schneiderman||34.4%|
|Democratic Party||Kathleen M. Rice||31.9%|
|Democratic Party||Sean Coffey||16.4%|
|Democratic Party||Richard Brodsky||9.9%|
|Democratic Party||Eric Dinallo||7.4%|
On November 4, 2008, Brodsky won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 92. He ran unopposed.
Brodsky raised $187,685 for his campaign.
|New York State Assembly, District 92 2008|
|Richard Brodsky (D)||41,624|
- Banks Committee, New York Assembly
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Committee, New York Assembly
Voting records from the state assembly show that in the run up to his campaign for state attorney general Brodsky "missed three out of every 10 session days for a total of 24 absences, making him the sixth-most truant member in the 150-seat Assembly."
- Brodsky and his wife, Paige Massman, have two children; Emily and Julianne.
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Yonkers Tribune, "Assemblyman Richard Brodsky Declares His Candidacy for New York Attorney General" 22 May, 2010
- New York State Board of Elections - 2010 Primary Election Results
- Follow the Money, "Report on 2008 Campaign donations in New York," accessed August 1, 2014
- New York Post, "AG wannabes are 'hooky' monsters" 19 July, 2010
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Brodsky
|New York Assembly - District 92
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |