Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Maine State Senate District 2|
|Maine House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||University of Maine|
|Years of service||1975-1978|
Burns is a self-employed Carpenter, in addition to owning an antiques shop. He served in the United States Army from 1975 to 1978.
Burns' website highlights the following campaign themes:
Single Payer Health Care
- Excerpt:"Health care reforms that serve the people of Maine, not the just the insurance industry."
- Excerpt:"Alternative Energy and reduced dependency on foreign oil."
- Excerpt:"Maine’s right to be heard on issues of global economics, NAFTA, and other trade agreements that have undermined our economy."
Protecting Maine’s Groundwater
- Excerpt:"Maine People Challenge Corporate Grab at Groundwater!"
On his campaign website, Burns outlined these issues as his main priorities: 
- Protect Maine's groundwater - Rick will protect Maine's groundwater from multinational corporations
- Health Care Crisis - a vote for Rick is a vote for affordable healthcare
- Energy Efficiency - Rick will help achieve energy independence and reduce dependency on foreign oil
- Economy - a vote for Rick will help secure Maine's economic future
- Maine Small Business - a vote for Rick is a vote for Maine's families and small business community
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2012
|Maine State Senate, District 2, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Ronald Collins Incumbent||45.6%||9,301|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2010
In the June 8th primary election, Burns ran unopposed. 
Burns and his wife Andrea have five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Richard + Burns + Maine + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- York High School Class of 2013 top students - Seacoastonline.com
- Red scare: Blind Chinese dissident claims Chinese communist conquest of US ... - Daily Caller
- The Center For Inquiry Likes Atheism's Cranky White Guy Image, So Screw You ... - Raw Story
- Work/Life Issues Really Depend On What Kind of Job You Have - Raw Story
- Irish Anti-Choicers Furious That Women May Live - Raw Story
- York High announces top 15 scholars - Foster's Daily Democrat
- Jeb Bush backs Senate immigration bill - Daily Caller
- Fine, Would-Be Deadbeat Dads. Here's A Suggestion For You. - Raw Story
- Sexual Harassment Is A Grassroots Political Movement - Raw Story
- NSA leaker Edward Snowden: Washington's 4 most stinging insults - The Week Magazine
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart