Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, Nevada, District 1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Despite running as a Republican in 2012, Charles switched his party affiliation to Libertarian for the 2014 elections.
|U.S. House, Nevada District 1 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Dina Titus Incumbent||56.8%||45,618|
|Independent American||Kamau Bakari||2%||1,624|
|Source: Nevada Secretary of State Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
The University of Virginia's Center for Politics publishes an online newsletter called Sabato's Crystal Ball. On March 22, 2012, the website listed eight races in the Senate in 2012 that could have impacted the political fate of which party ended up with control in 2013. The seat rated a toss-up that Sabato's Crystal Ball believed was most likely to depend on the outcome of the Presidential election in November was the Senate seat in Nevada. According to the article, "the size of the Hispanic vote in Nevada come November may be more of a deciding factor in this contest than any SuperPAC."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Richard + Charles + Nevada + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Nevada's 1st Congressional District elections, 2014
- Nevada's 1st Congressional District
- Clark County Nevada, "2014 Candidate Filing Search," accessed March 18, 2014
- Politico, "2014 Nevada House Election Results," accessed November 17, 2014
- The Huffington Post, "Election 2014," November 4, 2014
- Center for Politics, "Tilting the Toss Ups – the Eight Races That Will Decide the Senate," accessed April 9, 2012