Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 40B|
Cushing's website highlights the following campaign themes:
The Job Market
- Excerpt:"'Creating jobs' and 'putting people to work' are two different things. Yes, the government can 'put people to work,' but that is not the same as 'creating jobs.'"
- Excerpt:"It would be foolish of me, and morally corrupt, to stand in my campaign claiming to be for liberty and for man's pursuit of happiness while taking any other stand than to be for life."
Right to Work
- Excerpt:"I am opposed to Big Labor's "card check" approach to unionizing and support only freedom of association. This includes the right to a secret ballot in all union matters."
- Excerpt:"This fundamental right to keep and bear arms is no more subject to regulation by the states than is the right to free speech or freedom of religion."
- Excerpt:"Despite more and more spending on education and the deliberate dumbing-down of the curricula, student performance continues to falter. "
Cushing ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 40B. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and was defeated by incumbent Debra Hilstrom (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 40B, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Debra Hilstrom Incumbent||71.4%||12,024|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Richard + Cushing + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |