Richard Dean Davis
|Richard Dean Davis|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Title:||Former judicial candidate|
|Law School:||Baylor Law School, 1982|
|Candidate for:||Texas Court of Criminal Appeals|
|Election information 2014:|
- See also: Texas judicial elections, 2014
| Davis ran for election to the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals.
Primary: He was defeated in the Republican primary on March 4, 2014, receiving 28.0% of the vote. He competed against Kevin Patrick Yeary and Jani Jo Wood.
Below are the results of the 2014 judicial poll, conducted by the State Bar of Texas, which asked attorneys to cast a vote in favor of their preferred candidate in each appellate race.
|Place 4 Judge|
|Richard Dean Davis||867|
|Jani Jo Wood||1565|
|Kevin Patrick Yeary||1921|
Davis graduated from Baylor Law School in 1982.
Davis is a former prosecutor and has practiced law in the Texas Hill Country and the Austin/Georgetown metropolitan area since 1987. He has also been a guest lecturer at Baylor Law School.
According to Richard Davis's campaign website:
|“||[He] is dedicated to following and protecting the Constitution, and not eroding or changing it. He believes strongly that a jury of citizens is essential to the freedom as well as the security of all Texans.||”|
|“||He is a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment and every citizen’s right to self-protection.||”|
|“||He has been and is dedicated to individual responsibility, and to the fair application of the law. The law should hold the criminal accountable and protect a free society.||”|
Additionally, he refers to himself as a "strong Republican voter."
- Richard Dean Davis campaign website
- Official website of the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals
- The First Administrative Judicial Region of Texas
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County (A-L)"
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County (M-Z)"
- Texas Secretary of State, "Republican Party Primary Election, Unofficial Results," 2014
- State Bar of Texas "Judicial Poll results," 2014
- Richard Dean Davis campaign website: About, archived February 13, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.