Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Alaska House of Representatives District 39|
|1989 - 2009|
|Died in office|
|Majority Whip, Alaska House of Representatives|
|1991 - 2009|
Foster died of a heart attack on October 13, 2009. He had been in and out of the hospital for various problems, and at the time of his death he was undergoing dialysis for kidney problems. He was succeeded by his son, Neal Foster.
Foster served as a Captain in the United States Army, Vietnam.
He was involved with a number of organizations, including the Bering Straits Native Corporation Board, Federal Selective Service Board, Lions Club, Nome Community Center Board, Nome Eskimo Community Board, Rotary Club, and the Sitnasuak Native Corporation Board.
- Associated Subcommittee on Homeland Security
- Finance Committee, Alaska House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Military and Veterans Affairs (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Transportation and Public Facilities (Chair)
- HB 33 - "An Act relating to compulsory school attendance; and providing for an effective date."
- HB 50 - "An Act relating to limitations on mandatory overtime for registered nurses and licensed practical nurses in health care facilities; and providing for an effective date."
- HB 209 - "An Act providing for a surcharge on oil produced in the state and delivered to a state that imposes a tax on fuel delivered to this state."
Below are Foster's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Associated General Contractors of Alaska||$1,000|
|Alaska Assoc of Realtors||$1,000|
|Alaska Cabaret Hotel Restaurant & Retailers Assoc||$500|
|Alaska Power Assoc||$500|
- Alaska State Legislature - Representative Richard Foster
- Project Vote Smart - Representative Richard Foster profile
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996, 1994, 1992, 1990
|Alaska House of Representatives District 39
| Succeeded by|