|Delaware House of Representatives, District 41|
|January 13, 2015 - Present|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Per diem||$7,334 annual expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Collins served on the following committees:
|Delaware Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Telecommunication Internet & Technology|
|• Transportation/Land Use and Infrastructure|
|• Veterans Affairs|
Collins' campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Rich will work for:
- More high paying jobs
- Low taxes
- Personal freedom
- No state inspectors on your property without a warrant
- Property rights
- Your 2nd amendment rights
Elections for the office of Delaware House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 8, 2014. Incumbent John C. Atkins was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Richard G. Collins was unopposed in the Republican primary. Atkins was defeated by Collins in the general election.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 41, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Richard G. Collins||52.2%||3,189|
|Democratic||John C. Atkins Incumbent||47.8%||2,919|
Collins ran in the 2012 election for Delaware House of Representatives District 41. Collins ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 11, 2012 and was defeated by incumbent John Atkins in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 41, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||John Atkins Incumbent||50.4%||4,421|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Richard + Collins + Delaware + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware State Legislature
- Delaware House of Representatives
- Delaware House Committees
- Delaware state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Delaware House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Richard Collins on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Rich Collins' 2014, "Issues," accessed October 22, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014
- Delaware State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed July 13, 2012
John Atkins (D)
|Delaware House District 41
| Succeeded by|