|U.S. House, Florida, District 8|
|Birthday||March 22, 1947|
|Place of birth||Baltimore, MD|
Gillmor's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Term Limits
- Excerpt: "I support term limits for both houses of Congress. I have signed a pledge to serve no more than 2 terms!"
- Balanced Budget
- Excerpt: "Virtually all states, counties, and cities in America must balance their respective budgets. The Federal Government must be reined in. We don't have a Tax Problem, we are suffering from a Spending Problem."
- Energy Independence
- Excerpt: "We must get off foreign oil, period! America has an abundant supply of oil and natural gas we should be tapping as we search for clean alternative fuel sources like solar, tidal geothermal, and ultimately hydrogen"
- Excerpt: "We must secure our borders. Let's give our returning servicemen and women that mission instead of putting them on the unemployment line!"
- Excerpt: "The Federal Government needs to get smaller, not larger! Reducing onerous regulations, and encouraging investment in America, will help kick start the economy."
Gillmor ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Florida's 8th District. Gillmor ran as an Independent. Candidates wishing to run were required to file by the signature filing deadline of June 8, 2012. The primary elections were held on August 14, 2012. He was defeated by Bill Posey on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Florida District 8 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Bill Posey Incumbent||58.9%||205,432|
|Source: Florida Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Richard + Gillmor + Florida + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |