|Wisconsin State Senate, District 18|
|January 7, 2013 – present|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gudex served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Economic Development and Local Government, Chair|
|• Government Operations, Public Works, and Telecommunications, Chair|
|• Universities and Technical Colleges|
|• Information Policy and Technology|
Gudex's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Building a “Jobs-First” Business Climate: "Over the last 10-15 years, the private sector has been under attack. Job-killing tax hikes and an increasingly hostile environment for job creators have made the effects of the national recession even worse in our state."
- Control Taxes, Control Spending: "Don’t spend what you don’t have, work to keep the tax burden low, and don’t push deficits into the future for someone else to deal with. I will work to end wasteful spending by our state government, and if budgetary challenges arise, I won’t 'take the easy way out.'"
- Family Values: "I believe in parental accountability and that it is the duty of parents, not the government, to raise children so that they can achieve their full potential. As a society, we should be there to support that effort. We must reverse the slow erosion of the Wisconsin family unit, and ensure that educational opportunities of many different shapes and sizes are available to parents who strive each day to do what’s best for the next generation."
- See also: Wisconsin State Senate elections, 2012
Gudex won election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Senate, District 18. Gudex ran unopposed in the August 14th primary and defeated incumbent Jessica King (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Unofficial results showed Gudex leading King by under 600 votes. King initially refused to concede the election, but did on November 13.
|Wisconsin State Senate, District 18, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jessica King Incumbent||49.6%||42,479|
Comprehensive donor information for Gudex is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Gudex raised a total of $328,542 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 4, 2013.
|Rick Gudex's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Wisconsin State Senate, District 18||$328,542|
|Grand Total Raised||$328,542|
2012Gudex won election to the Wisconsin State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Gudex raised a total of $328,542.
|Wisconsin State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Rick Gudex's campaign in 2012|
|Gallun, Edwin A||$2,000|
|Gudex, Richard D||$1,591|
|Shannon Sr, Michael||$1,250|
|Total Raised in 2012||$328,542|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Rick + Gudex + Wisconsin + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin State Senate
- Wisconsin State Senate Committees
- Wisconsin Joint Committees
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Wisconsin State Senate Office Website
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Facebook campaign page
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
Jessica King (D)
|Wisconsin State Senate District 18
| Succeeded by|