|Indiana House of Representatives District 56|
|November 7, 2012-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hamm served on the following committees:
|Indiana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Elections and Apportionment|
|• Financial Institutions|
|• Statutory Committee on Interstate and International Cooperation|
Elections for the office of Indiana House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Phillip Pflum was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Richard "Dick" Hamm was unopposed in the Republican primary. Pflum will face Hamm in the general election.
Hamm won election in the 2012 election for Indiana House of Representatives District 56. Hamm defeated Mark Ervin and Doug Williamson in the May 8 Republican primary and defeated incumbent Phillip Pflum (D), William Eric Atkinson (R) and Mark Brim (L) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 56 Republican Primary, 2012|
On April 19, 2012, Hamm was endorsed by The Indiana Manufacturers Association and the association's political action committee. Hamm was also endorsed by the National Rifle Association in the Indiana House of Representatives race in 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for Hamm is available dating back to 1994. Based on available campaign finance records, Hamm raised a total of $498,211 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 10, 2013.
|Richard Hamm's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Indiana State House, District 56||$83,725|
|2004||Indiana State House, District 56||$7,999|
|2002||Indiana State House, District 56||$242,412|
|1996||Indiana State House, District 56||$98,574|
|1994||Indiana State House, District 56||$65,501|
|Grand Total Raised||$498,211|
2012Hamm won election to the Indiana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Hamm raised a total of $83,725.
|Indiana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Richard Hamm's campaign in 2012|
|Hoosiers for Economic Growth||$20,500|
|Indiana Republican Party||$17,500|
|House Republican Campaign Cmte of Indiana||$13,011|
|Indiana Chamber of Commerce||$8,607|
|Indiana Manufacturers Association||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$83,725|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Richard + Hamm + Indiana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Indiana State Legislature
- Indiana House of Representatives
- Indiana House Committees
- Indiana state legislative districts
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "List of May 8, 2012, primary candidates," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, “Election Results – Indiana General Election, November 6, 2012,” accessed January 24, 2013
- Pal-Item.com, "Hamm endorsed by manufacturers in Indiana House District 56 race" Accessed April 27, 2012
- NRA Political Victory Fund, "Indiana," accessed April 27, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Hamm, Richard L," accessed September 10, 2013
Phillip Pflum (D)
|Indiana House of Representatives District 56
| Succeeded by|
State of Indiana
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | State Examiner | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utility Regulatory Commission |